Wednesday, November 12, 2008

SUPRISE!!!

Well I am off the Salt Lake City in two days!!! I have never been there so it will be a new adventure for me. Why am I going? Well on November 5th Don and I celebrated our 7th anniversary. In case you don't know Don, he is full of suprises. Every year we go through the whole, "We are not going to get eachother anything this year, we will just have a night out to ourselves and go out to eat" thing. Well I try really hard to keep that promise. This year, I did let him venture out with the guys to a Denver Broncos vs. Miami Dolphins game. I considered that my present to him....a day out with the guys, no kids and no wife. He had a blast given the fact that Miami crushed Denver! So we headed out to dinner, while the kids stayed with some family in Fort Collins. We sit down to dinner and I said, "Well we actually kept our promise of no presents this year." Little to my knowledge I was wrong!!! He pulls out a piece of paper and says, "here read this." So I just figured it was something he looked up or some plans for the house. Well when I opened it, it was plane tickets to see my best friend in Salt Lake City. I thought well that is cool....I wonder who is going to watch the kids while we go. I just figured that he got that planned. WEll then I asked who else was going. I got the response of, "JUST YOU!" ARe you kidding me? I get to have a weekend without kids or a husband. What ever will I do. So then I looked at the date and realized that it was this weekend!! I had just 5 days to ponder going on a weekend trip by myself. So here we are 2 days till the trip. I told Don last night that I am a little nervous doing this airport thing by myself since it was the Denver International Airport.....HUGE. But he said you will be just fine! So, I prayed about this situation last night before bed.....I will be okay. How thoughtful of my husband to treat me to something for just me! I am so lucky to have him in my life. It has been the craziest 7 years (2 kids, 2 houses, a huge move, career change for me, and lots of fun memories). I look forward to the next 7 years with such a wonderful man and family!

No comments: