Tuesday, November 18, 2008

One Of Those Days!


Well, it started out as an ordinary day, but it is turning out to be a day that I have had to look up and ask God to help me out, ALOT!!! I decided that today would be a good day to clean out cupboards and cabinets. Well, lets just say I have cleaned out more than anticipated. My husband got some shot glasses from Denmark from his brother when he visited there. They are now property of....the trash. My son decided to take a stool and climb on the counters and drop them. I guess maybe he is preparing for the egg drop expierement that everyone does in high school phyisics. Glass went everywhere and so did my temper! I took a deep breath, put on my shoes, got the kids out of the kitchen, and prepared to vaccum up all glass. It is amazing what other things I vaccumed off the floor. I think we need a dog to help us out! Well, I went about the usual routine of putting a few chairs on the kitchen table, a few in the living room and the bar stools on the island. I proceeded to vaccum the kitchen floor when it sounded like a bomb landed in our kitchen. My son decided to take it upon himself to try and take the chair off the table. Instead, it about took him out. Remind you, we JUST bought our new dinning room set right before we moved. Once again, I took a deep breath, chased him out of the kitchen, and looked up to God to pray for more patience in this situation. Little did I know, the chair not only fell, the wood split.....IT WAS BROKE!! God knew to take ahold of me and help me out. He must have told my husband too, because when I called to tell him about the ordeal, my husband just said, "Well, we will just have to order a new chair." Was that all he could say. I think I said a few more words than that. He is always the calm one in the family....thank goodness. So, I cringed and set the broken chair by the trash and proceeded to finish mopping the floor. Well, half way into the chore, my mop handle broke! WHAT ELSE could go wrong. So, I had to clean the rest of the floor on my hands and knees.

Well that has been my morning and I have realized something. I made it through it. My grandma called and we chatted and God was working through her also. She just calmly said, "At least no one was hurt." I am so thankful for the people in my life. They bring it to my attention everyday that material things can be replaced, but as long as my family is okay, than life is good.

I am taking a break now..reflecting on my morning, and knowing that children are a true test in life, but most importantly, I am thankful that I have them!!

No comments: