Friday, January 2, 2009

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year






Well the Christmas season is past and the New Year has been rung in! Hard to believe. We had a busy holiday season and I am trying to get back to normal. My Mom and Grandma came down the whole week of Christmas. I think I got a lot of practice with my cooking skills. I think that I also gained 10 pounds also. We were able to wake up Christmas morning....wait a minute....we were woke up Christmas morning by Kaitlyn who was soooo excited to see what Santa had brought her. She asked him for a fishing pole...guess what, she got one. A pink and black fishing pole along with a tackle box for all her worms! She was beyond excited. Kysen was soon to follow, excited to discover that he got his first Thomas the Train Set. I kid you not, he sat on the table for an hour after he got it and played with it! I was beginning to think he was hypnotized from watching the train go around a hundred times. We then went to my aunt and uncles house where we had a feast big enough for the town of Fort Collins, and only 11 of us to put a dent in the bowls! We had a wonderful time with the family and I have to say that we were blessed my Grandma recovered from her heart attack so she could join us!
The next holiday was New Years Eve. We were blessed to move into a neighborhood with great neighbors who have kids. So we all piled in our house and ate, and ate, and did I mention that we ate? They left shortly before midnight and my kids went to bed at 11:30. Can you believe that Kysen kept his eyelids open that long!!! Don and I toasted in the New Year with a glass of wine! We had such a life changing event happen in 2008 so we are ready to see what exciting thing life brings in 2009!
As if this was not enough, New Years day we had the Huskers playing in the Gator Bowl.....what a game it was and even better that we pulled off a win. Lets just say I think I gained 10 more pounds this day trying to eat the leftover appitizers from the night before.......
So this brings us to 2009...resolutions have been made! We wish each of you a wonderful 2009 filled with prosperity and peace!

No comments: