Monday, December 15, 2008

A Different Perspective!



As I drove my daughter to school this morning, I was elated by the fact that she was so excited to go on her first field trip for school. They were going to go to the Denver Museum of History and Science. The thing she was looking forward to the most was riding in a bus....this was her first experience. She was telling me who she wanted to sit by, how she would not want the heat blowing in her face because that makes her sick, and what ever could they talk about for an hour down to Denver. It was quite entertaining. I cannot believe that she is old enough to do this. I have been going through pictures and I saw pictures of her when she was three or so and I am amazed at how fast she has grown into a 6 year old. As I dropped her off and drove home from school a sense of sickness welted in my stomach....oh my goodness, the roads had snow on them and I was trusting someone else to drive my child in a bus to and from Denver. I just drove that trip with her last night and I drove so cautious because I had my own flesh and blood in the car and I didn't want to get into a wreck.
I am sure all of you remember being able to go on field trips as a child. How you could not wait to get on the bus, drive to the destination, miss school, take a sack lunch, and learn. Well I wonder now how my mom felt about the situation. I am sure she was excited for me to go, but I wonder if she worried about her child being in the care of someone else on the roads.
So, I am sure that she is already on her way back to the shcool by now, and I just pray that the bus driver drives as careful as I did last night on the icy roads. I also pray that my daughter had the time of her life on her first field trip and learned a lot. My Grandma told me today that I have to remember that the bus drivers are probably parents also. So I relax and take that into consideration, but I have to say, I do have a different perspective of things now that I am a parent!
I am posting a picture of her on her when she was three and one of my most recent ones. I am so proud of who she is becoming and I am just amazed at how fast the time has gone.

1 comment:

The Splitty Family said...

Oh Aim, they do grow SO FAST! Maddingly hasn't had a field trip on a bus yet, but she is clamoring for a chance to ride home with a friend of hers that lives out in the country, just so she can "ride the bus". Since she goes to a small Lutheran school, the parents are always the drivers for the field trips. :O) I got to take them to the pumpkin patch this fall and it was really a fun time. (Of course being 7 months preggers was a different story, but oh well.) I'm enjoying your blog, it looks too cute with the wrapping on it!!
<><
Cass