Friday, February 20, 2009

True Beauty!

Well, one of the best things about living in Colorado by the mountains is the short 45 minute drive to Rocky Mountain National Park. We officially went up there last weekend and got our park permit for the year. We decided to drive a little ways in......I stress the word LITTLE! The park ranger told us that some of the roads were a little slick so drive with caution...he was not kidding! I had permenent white knuckles half way down one of the trails and finally turned to my husband and said I am turning around. We did that on two trails....I remind you, that there are no guard rails on those trails, so one spin out on the ice and we were toast.....HOWEVER, we did manage to get some beautiful pictures. Some of these were taken by Kaitlyn so some of our heads are cut off...I apologize. I hope these give you an idea of why we call this country out here GOD'S COUNTRY! We miss you all and hopefully all of you will be able to visit and we can take you up here to see the beauty for yourselves because pictures do not do it justice.







No comments: